Investigations are underway against the then Bremen Bamf boss and other suspects for bribery and gang-like inducement to abuse asylum applications. In the meantime, the Federal Office is also reviewing ten other outposts that have granted refugees above or below average protection.
The Kremlin published excerpts from the guest post. In his country, the “immoral character” of the pact was condemned by parliamentarians, Putin wrote, recalling the condemnation of the agreement in 1989, still in Soviet times: “We know today that any form of agreement with the Nazi regime morally unacceptable. “There had recently been violent disputes between Moscow and Warsaw over the Second World War and, above all, the Hitler-Stalin Pact. Russian historians had portrayed the deal as a clever move by Stalin to keep the Soviet Union out of the war for another two years. According to a survey by the Russian polling institute VTsIOM, only around 22 percent of Russians believe that World War II began in 1939. 58 percent, on the other hand, are convinced that the German invasion of the Soviet Union would not begin until 1941.
The Hitler-Stalin Pact assured Nazi Germany the neutrality of the Soviet Union in a conflict with Poland. Less than four weeks after the agreement was signed, Soviet troops entered Poland and occupied the east of the country. In 1940, Soviet units murdered 22,000 Polish officers, intellectuals and others in the Katyn forest in western Russia – which Moscow blamed the Nazis for for decades.
Putin emphasized: “The Russian people (…) understand only too well the intense feelings of Poles in connection with Katyn, where thousands of Polish officers died.” He also called on the Polish side to leave the past behind: “Our duty to the dead in history is to do everything we can to free Russian-Polish relations from distrust and partiality.” Russia and Germany now have good relations, but the deputy chief of Putin’s government apparatus, Yuri Ushakov, rejected Polish demands for all files relating to the massacre to be disclosed. Moscow will not release the secret documents for the time being, said Ushakov, according to the Itar-Tass agency. Soviet propaganda once blamed the Nazis for the mass murder. Putin plans to take part in a commemoration to mark the beginning of the Second World War on Tuesday near Gdansk, together with German Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) and Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk. On September 1, 1939, Germany unleashed him with the attack on the Westerplatte near Danzig. A little later, on, the Red Army marched into the east of the country.
76 percent of Poles expect Putin to apologize for the invasion on September 17th. The Polish commemorative ceremonies with President Lech Kaczynski and Prime Minister Donald Tusk as well as war veterans begin on Tuesday morning: around 4:45 am, when the German training ship “Schleswig-Holstein” burns opened on the Westerplatte, which had been converted into a fortress, the harbor sirens are said to wail.custom term biology essay writing service Source: ntv.de, AFP “For the first time the USA will set up bases in a country of the former Warsaw Pact.
According to US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Romania and the USA are now “brothers in arms and sisters in arms”. Rice signed a “historic agreement” on Tuesday during a short visit to Romania, which provides for the takeover of several Romanian bases on the Black Sea. Rice said the move increased the chances of killing terrorists and saving lives. The minister praised Romania as a “strong friend with whom we share common values”. The country is one of the “best allies” of the US in the fight for a more peaceful world. This is also a sign of the improvement in bilateral relations.
Rice emphasized that the contract on the military bases in Romania would be “transparent”. Regarding the possible disadvantages of the US troop presence for Romania, President Traian Basescu said that his country had taken a “calculated risk”. Washington’s decision to locate the site in Romania underscores the country’s “political credibility,” said Basescu. The US camps are said to be located at the Mihail Kogalniceanu air base near the Black Sea port city of Constanta, and in the nearby Romanian military units Babadag, Cincu and Smrdan. The bases on the Black Sea bring the US closer to potential targets in the Near and Middle East and Central Asia. Mihail Kogalniceanu Airfield recently made headlines in connection with reports of alleged CIA secret prisons in Europe.
The US-based organization Human Rights Watch said the airfield could possibly have been used as such a secret prison. Torture in Romania “not possible” President Basescu rejected reports that there were secret prisons of the American secret service CIA in Romania. Anyone who claims this should take responsibility for it. In Romania human rights are respected and torture is “not possible”. All suspected such facilities are open to investigators, as Romania has nothing to hide, said Basescu.
He described the reports of secret prisoner flights by the CIA as baseless. “Airplanes have landed and will continue to land,” added Basescu. The parliament in Bucharest called for an investigation into the matter. The Council of Europe has already opened an investigation, with critics expressing unease over the establishment of US bases in Romania amid the CIA affair. “Who guarantees that American bases will not be turned into CIA prisons, which would put us on the blacklist of states that tolerate serious human rights abuses?” wrote the daily newspaper “Ziua” in an editorial. “We will not have any control over the activities in the US bases on our soil.” Romania as well as Poland – another country accused by the organization – have so far denied that they have secret CIA facilities. The US itself has so far neither denied nor confirmed the reports. Rice said her country was committed to “arresting terrorists on the streets and interrogating them if it saves lives”.
According to her, the planned US military base near Mihail Kogalniceanu serves only one purpose: to have a training base in order to be able to prepare for missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Around 100 US representatives are to be stationed on the base. Romania, a NATO member since 2004, is considered a close ally of the US in the “fight against terrorism” in Afghanistan and Iraq. The US government has long been planning to relocate its military bases from Western Europe more and more to the area of the former Eastern Bloc in order to be closer to the hot spots in the Middle East. Poland also denies again The outgoing Polish President Alexander Kwasniewski has again denied the suspicion , there were secret CIA detention centers in his country. “There are no such prisons or such prisoners on Polish territory,” Kwasniewski told the Zet radio station on Wednesday.
He admitted that he was not fully informed about the cooperation between the Polish and American secret services. Kwasniewski said he was sure that this cooperation would comply with the law, after the US television broadcaster ABC had reported that two CIA secret prisons in Eastern Europe had been closed in November and eleven terror suspects had been brought to North Africa. The reason was a hint from Human Rights Watch that there was evidence of secret detention centers in Poland and Romania, ABC reported, citing unspecified CIA employees. Source: ntv.de “” There were no structures that could handle this burden would have been able to do justice, “said Weise. (Photo: picture alliance / dpa) In the affair of massive amounts of inadmissibly issued asylum notices, the ex-boss poses in front of his employees at the time: the authority was extremely overwhelmed, the structures were not up to the burden. The grievances in the Bremen branch office of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bamf) are, according to the former head of the authority, Frank-Jürgen Weise, due to a lack of control mechanisms. “There were no structures that could have done justice to this burden, none that worked IT, no process chain, “said Weise to the editorial network in Germany. There were” hardly any control mechanisms “.” An internal audit for the Pr I only introduced reviewing processes and decisions, “says Weise. The Bamf was also “overwhelmed by the enormous number of asylum applications”.
Weise also confirmed reports that he had intervened in the processing of the events – with an email to the former head of the Bremen Bamf branch, Josefa Schmid. “I offered a former colleague to help objectify the now very emotional discussion of who is responsible for what,” said Weise. “Because the wrong dog should not be beaten – but those who were responsible for the desolate state of the BAMF in 2015.” Weise said that in his time as head of the Bamf it was not only his claim, but also the expectation of Citizens and politicians have been to put an end to the untenable conditions in the authority, sometimes with waiting times of months: “The failure was that no action was taken when it had long been clear what challenge we were facing from the refugees.” Federal Minister of the Interior Horst Seehofer said In the affair of inadmissibly issued asylum notices, personal consequences cannot be excluded. He will do everything “so that things are cleared up regardless of people or institutions, because they have damaged trust in the Bamf,” said the CSU boss. Greens refugee expert Luise Amtsberg expressed doubts about Jutta Cordt as head of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bamf). “If the fact that the head of the Bamf either ignored information or was not adequately informed, it can hardly be stopped,” she said. At the center of the affair is the Bamf branch in Bremen. There, between 2013 and 2016, employees are said to have granted asylum to at least 1200 people without a sufficient legal basis. Investigations are underway against the then Bremen Bamf boss and other suspects for bribery and gang-like inducement to abuse asylum applications. In the meantime, the Federal Office is also reviewing ten other outposts that have granted refugees above or below average protection. When asked whether, unlike in Bremen, it is “only” about sloppiness, inability or simple overload, Seehofer said: “The latter seems to be the case.
But I always say: Seems to be the case. We are working flat out to clear up all these things. “Source: ntv.de, bdk / dpa” “” Refugees in autumn 2015 in front of an initial reception facility in Giessen (Photo: dpa) Around 200,000 people live with a Duldung in Germany. They are not allowed to work. The former BAMF boss and head of the Federal Employment Agency, Weise, thinks this is problematic.
The head of the Federal Employment Agency, Frank-Jürgen Weise, has spoken out in favor of allowing tolerated migrants access to the labor market. We have to consider whether we can let foreigners who have been tolerated for many years and who have not yet been allowed to work, said Weise n-tv.de. Furthermore: “I don’t know what is best, but I know what is worst: that young people get money and don’t work. I know that for sure, that spoils their character.” Was boss from September 2015 to December 2016 of the Federal Office for Refugees and Migration: Frank-Jürgen Weise. (Photo: REUTERS) In an interview with n-tv.de, Weise asked politicians to take care of the people and this problem. Politicians must look for a solution – and that at European level. “Because once people are in Germany, one way or another it’s a fact that can hardly be changed, because people no longer want to leave Germany.” So the EU as a whole must find solutions. At the same time, Weise stated that the concept of integration should better be replaced by participation.
He prefers to speak of participation, because “even the term ‘we integrate’ shows a wrong attitude,” said the BAMF boss, who has now left office. People who come to Germany have to learn German, go to sports clubs, and women have to be able to move around freely among others, says Weise. “If that is not there, then we cannot achieve much. If it is there, then participation arises.
And that is a win for everyone. That people see: Here in Germany you can participate in society – if you follow the rules – you can work, achieve something, you have legal protection. And people who then go back would take this good experience with them from Germany.
In any case: participation is the better term, ‘we integrate’ is the wrong approach. “At the same time, Weise emphasized that the return of refugees to their home countries is the rule, not the exception. The law stipulates that when asylum is granted, it is a new one Examination after three years whether the reasons that led to the granting of protection still existed. “If this is no longer the case, those affected have to go back to their country of origin,” says Weise. However, Weise also assumes that Many refugees will stay in Germany permanently. According to him, 1.5 million people have come to Germany in the past four years, around half of whom have been granted refugee status.
And first of all, hundreds of thousands of people could still come to Germany as a result of family reunification. “The prognosis is that Syrians who get a right to stay in Germany will, on average, make up for one more person. Purely statistically,” said the BA boss. How many actually apply remains to be seen.
There are around 400,000 Syrians among the refugees in Germany. The BAMF, with its successor Jutta Cordt, who will take over as president of the agency on Wednesday, is well equipped for the future. When asked whether Germany was better equipped for a new wave of migration than it was two years ago, he said: “Definitely. We would be better prepared in the offices, at the BAMF, the Federal Employment Agency, the Federal Police and the security authorities.
And above all, and this is particularly important in our federal state, we would be better prepared in terms of cooperation at all levels. “He himself is modest in Prussian terms and declared that with the label he had missed,” Chuck Norris der Berliner Republik ” not being able to do anything at all: “I had an assignment and I carried it out.” And he added: “We can do it.” Source: ntv.de, tar “After twelve years at the helm of the Federal Employment Agency, Weise said goodbye (Photo: picture alliance / Timm Schamber) Shortly before his retirement, the head of the Federal Employment Agency dares to take a bold move: Instead of paying Hartz IV to the long-term unemployed, Weise advocates a state-subsidized labor market. “Much more expensive” is not. The outgoing head of the Federal Employment Agency (BA), Frank-Jürgen Weise, has spoken out in favor of a publicly funded job market for certain Hartz IV recipients. “We shouldn’t send long-term unemployed without qualifications, who have no chance on the normal job market, to academic training programs,” says Weise to the “Süddeutsche Zeitung”. Instead, the BA boss advocates a state-subsidized labor market. “We pay them work instead of paying them Hartz IV and housing costs,” said the “SZ”.